Domotex 2012, 14-17 January, included the Carpet Design Awards for outstanding design in contemporary handmade carpets. A single category included antique carpets and the winner of this category was Ali Foumani, Foumani Persian Gallery, Amsterdam, with a Tekke main carpet.
A total of 211 carpets from 26 countries were submitted to this design competition. 30 carpets made it to the final round and will be on display until Tuesday 17 January. The winners were announced Sunday 15 January.
- Best Studio Artist Design: Prisons by Chevalier édition
- Best Modern Design Superior: Ruby Room by Jaipur Rugs
- Best Modern Design Deluxe: Reflection Sky by Wool and Silk Rugs
- Best Traditional Nomadic Design Superior: Haleemi by Ali Mohammadi
- Best Traditional Nomadic Design Deluxe: Noor by Werner Weber Zürich
- Best Traditional Workshop/Formal Design: Cypress by Zollanvari AG
- Best Old/Antique Carpet: Tekke Main Carpet by Foumani Persian Gallery
- Best Collection Modern: Jazz Collection by Nexus rugs
- Best Collection Traditional: The Spanish Design Collection by Ariana Rugs Inc.
- Best Innovation: Tagged by Jan Kath Design GmbH
Location and more information: Domotex, Hanover Exhibition Grounds.