The London Antique Rug & Textile Art Fair (Larta) 18-21 April 2013 is now in its third year, showcasing woven objects from around the globe. A souk-like setting will showcase works from antique Persian rugs to ancient Brussels tapestries and early 20th century tribal textiles.
Larta is timed to coincide with London’s spring Islamic Art auctions season, which also includes the major rug and carpet sale at Christies 23 April 2013.
Visitors will discover items originating from Anatolia, the Caucasus, Persia, Central Asia, India and China, as well as from Europe and Africa, and from all periods up to the early 20th century.
Many of LARTA’s regular exhibitors will be returning in 2013, but the organisers have announced several new exhibitors:
- Gallery Nomad from Berkhamsted
- Galerie Arabesque from Stuttgart, who alongside textiles bring a range of Eastern sculpture and ceramics
- Carltone Ltd (Alex Zadeh) with quality textiles and early carpets.
- Joss Graham Gallery, one of the events founding exhibitors, well known for his Indian works and flatweave textiles and rugs, will be returning.
Other exhibitors will include:
- James Cohen Antique Carpets: (Milan & London) specialist in collectable pieces from Persia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tibet, China, the Caucasus and many other areas.
- Anthony Hazledine Oriental Carpets: (Cotswolds) antique carpets and textiles
- Aaron Nejad: (London) rugs, carpets and textiles from the East and Europe and from all periods up to the early 20th century
- Owen Parry: (Wales) the oldest material to be found, concentrating on colour and rarity
- Seneh Carpets: (London) antique and decorative rugs
- Marcus Voigt Textiles: (London) antique textiles from all over the world, from Coptic to Indonesian, from Medieval European to Ming Dynasty, also collectors’ carpets and kilim.
Specialist publications: learn more about the culture and background to these woven works of art from
- HALI: carpet, textile and Islamic art
- Cornucopia: Turkish arts, travel and history
Location and more information: Larta 18-21 April 2013, The Showroom, Penfold Street, London NW8