Sartirana Textile Show, the most important antique rug show in Europe for a decade, begins in less than two weeks. Wednesday 10 September 2014 at 6.00 pm the doors to fair venue ‘La Pila’ in Sartirana, Lomellina, will open for the public and the fair will run through Sunday 14 September.
Besides the fair with some twenty Italian and international exhibitors the show also includes special exhibitions and a lectures program called ‘Tea Times Talks’.
Tea Times Talks
Thursday, 11 September at 5:00- 6:00 pm
1. Dewitt Mallary on Baluch Rugs (powerpoint + show-and–tell presentation in English)
2. Rugs and Food: Bread and Sofreh, with the participation of Paolo Mas-sobrio (Club Papillon) and Eugenio Pol (in Italian)
Friday, 12 September at 5:00-6:00 pm
1. Alberto Boralevi on Antique Italian Peasant Rugs (in Italian)
2. Maristella Oliva Turrini on Sardinian Rugs and their funerary use (in Italian)
Saturday, 13 september at 5:00-6:00 pm
1. Farian Sabahi: Multimedia presentation of her recent book Noi Donne di Tehran (in Italian)
2. Edoardo Marino: Handkerchiefs for Peace, a project by OPAWAC (Organization of Promoting Afghan Women’s Capabilities)
More articles about Sartirana Textile Show 2014
Location and more information: Sartirana Textile Show 10-14 September 2014, La Pila (Sartirana Castle), Piazza Lodovico da Breme, 3, 27020 Sartirana Lomellina (PV)