The London Antique Rug and Textile Art Fair (LARTA) is a souk-like event with the opportunity to choose a genuine antique rug for your home, from a wide selection offered by esteemed antique rug dealers. LARTA Fair will open its fifth annual event, from Thursday 16 to Sunday 19 April 2015 at The Showroom, off Church Street, Marylebone London NW8.
The exhibitors taking part in this years LARTA are:
- James Cohen Antique Carpets – rare and collectable pieces mainly from Persia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tibet, China and the Caucasus
- Joss Graham Gallery (London) – showing a wide range of flat weaves from the main kelim-producing areas of Anatolia, Iran and Central Asia as well as Indian cotton dhurries and collectable textiles from Asia, Africa and the Americas
- Kennedy Carpets is one of the oldest and most important rug dealerships in London with an international reputation for excellence (new exhibitor)
- Andy Lloyd (Bath) – fine antique rugs, carpets and textiles
- Hagop Manoyan (New York), is one of the best and most active specialist collectible rug dealers in America (new exhibitor)
- Aaron Nejad (London) – specialist in rugs, carpets and textiles from the East and Europe and from all periods up to the early 20th century
- Ornamentum (Surrey) – a range of decorative and collectible antique rugs, both classic town pieces through to fine tribal and village productions
- Owen Parry (Wales) – searches out the best and oldest material he can find, concentrating on colour and rarity
- Pars Rug Gallery (London) – Antique Oriental rugs, kelims & European tapestry
- Seneh Carpets (London) – fine and decorative rugs and carpets from around the world
In addition, the two leading European-based carpet and textile collectors’ publications have a presence at the Fair:
- Carpet Collector – extensive features devoted to antique collector’s carpets & textiles and related subjects; reports on the world’s most important rug exhibitions and sales.
- HALI – an international magazine for carpet, textile and Islamic art; also publishes COVER: Modern Carpets & Textiles for Interiors, on the best carpets and textiles in design today.
LARTA is the one occasion every year that UK collectors and aficionados know they can see some of the best selections of rare and beautiful antique and vintage rugs, carpets and textiles available on the market. Decorators and the international trade also visit to source items originating from Anatolia and Turkey, the Caucasus, Persia, Central Asia, India and China as well as Europe and Africa. Works are of all periods up to the early 20th century.
Opening night, 16 April 2015, is the Fair’s Collectors’ Preview from 6pm-9pm (invitation only: apply online to join the Fair’s mailing list). Following the success of their online initiative in 2014, LARTA Fair opens a virtual viewing system on its website from 6pm the same evening. The very best items offered at the Fair by exhibitors will be fully illustrated with high resolution images and descriptions together with direct contact details for each exhibitor.
Location and more information: The London Antique Rug and Textile Art Fair, The Showroom, Penfold St (off Church St), Marylebone NW8