The Austrian Society for Textile Art Research has just announced an ICOC Tour “Carpets and Collections of the Alpine Area” from 8 September through 14 September 2019.
‘The participants will visit museums and private collections in the Alpine areas of Bavaria, Austria, and Northern Italy. Not only will there be a wide range of rare ethnological, liturgical and historical local textiles to be discovered, but also an array of carefully selected classical carpets will be on display’ says Peter Bichler to Jozan Magazine.
The tour includes visits at:
- Museum Fuenf Kontinente, Munich (Ethnological Museum)
- Hofburg (Royal Palace) and the Museum of Tyrolean Heritage, Innsbruck
- Museum der Voelker, Schwaz
- Hofburg (Royal Palace) Brixen
- South Tyrolean Folklore Museum, Bruneck
- South Tyrolean Museum of Archaeology, Bozen
One of the highlights will be the exhibition ‘Woven and Embroidered Stories’ in Schwaz, focusing on ethnological textiles from private Austrian collections which has never been on display.
More information: www.icoc-alpinetour.org