The Textile Museum will kick off the summer with its 32nd annual Celebration of Textiles on Saturday, June 5, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday, June 7, 1-5 p.m.
This free festival for all ages, held rain or shine, invites visitors to explore the textile arts and cultures of the world through hands-on activities and artist demonstrations in the museum’s gardens, historic buildings and current exhibitions.
Program highlights for this year’s Celebration of Textiles festival include:
- Live musical performances by acoustic roots duo Herb & Hanson (Sat., 2-4 p.m. and Sunday, 3-5 p.m.)
- Hands-on activities, including block printing and bracelet making
- Spinning, weaving, knitting, embroidery and indigo dyeing demonstrations
- Delicious Indian food from Fojol Bros. of Merlindia (available for purchase)
- Drawings for gift certificates to Teaism, Restaurant Nora, Kramerbooks and other Dupont Circle area businesses
- Live sheep shearing demonstrations
Location and more information: The Textile Museum, 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, DC.
Source: TM press-release