The Austrian Society for Textile Art Research (TKF) and the Forum Textil- und Teppichkunst Basel (FTT) have announced an interesting ICOC Tour ‘Carpets and Collections of the Swiss Alpine Area’ taking place from 16 September to 22 September 2024.
This Swiss tour will offer privileged access to lesser known museums, monasteries and institutions to view exhibitions and important collections of Oriental carpets and textiles, Byzantine silks, medieval tapestries and local textile art. The entire tour will be accompanied by lectures and guided tours.
‘Thanks to the expertise of Esther Sackmann-Rageth and Michael Buddeberg we are able to organise an exciting tour to little known Swiss “secrets”.’ says Peter Bichler to Jozan Magazine.
- Check-in and welcome to the TKF-ICOC Conference Tour
- Opening Event at a Gallery in Zuerich-Niederdorf
- Viewing of the special exhibition of three collections of carpets and kilims on the way to Berne.
- Historical Museum Berne. Guided tour, including the Burgundian tapestries and carpets from the battle of Grandson (1476) and a visit to the restauration department..
- Abeggstiftung. Viewing of the current exhibition and visit to the textile studio including a lecture programme.
- Invitation to view a private collection in Spiez.
- Overnight stay and dinner reception at the Lake of Thun.
- Bus trip to Sion (Sitten) to Greyerz and to St. Maurice to view the treasures of the oldest monastery in the west of Switzerland with a 1500 Year history
- Sion/Sitten. The carpets and textiles of the Cathedral of Valeria and visit to the storage department of the Musée d’histoire du Valais/ Historisches Museum des Kanton Wallis.
- Basle (Basel). The Upper Rhine Tapestries of the 15th/16th century; including a visit to the storage department of the Museum der Kulturen with an exceptional collection of Far Eastern and Indonesian textiles. Lecture programme.
- Bus trip to Elzach at the foot of the Black Forst (Germany) to visit a special exhibition organised by private collectors of the Basler Forum Textil- und Teppichkunst.
- Exhibition and reception at the historic private home of Markus Voigt in Achdorf (Germany).
- Transfer back to Zuerich
Read more at the ICOC CH Flyer (pdf)
Contact Peter Bichler to reserve a place on this tour: email@example.com