The dates for the annual London Antique Rug & Textile Art Fair (LARTA) has been released and the fair will take place 23-28 January 2018. The venue will be on the Mezzanine of Battersea’s Decorative Fair. The organizer and founder of this fair is Aaron Nejad, a leading antique rug dealer from London.
LARTA will offer antique oriental rugs and tribal textiles such as suzanis and ikats, berbers and colourful flatweave dhurries; European carpets from French Aubusson to Swedish rya; Brussels tapestries; fibre art and weavings from around the world including Asia, Africa and the Americas, and associated collectable and decorative items.
Sixteen specialist dealers will come together at LARTA to present antique rugs and textile art.
- Carpet Restoration Studio (London) – Antique Persian rugs and restoration services
- Galerie Arabesque (Stuttgart, Germany) – Antique rugs, with specialist expertise in Balouch and Turkoman pieces, kilims and textiles, Asian works of art and other artefacts
- Marilyn Garrow (Suffolk) – Antique textiles, specialist in magnificent embroideries from Europe and the Orient
- Joss Graham Gallery (London) – Ethnographic textiles and works of art
- Gideon Hatch (London) – Contemporary designer carpets
- Liberty Oriental Carpets (London) – Antique, old and newly handmade woven rugs and carpets
- Andy Lloyd (Bath) – Fine antique rugs, carpets and textiles
- Brian MacDonald Antique Rugs (Cotswolds) – Antique Eastern rugs, carpets, kilims and tribal dowry weavings
- Aaron Nejad Antique Carpets (London) – Rugs, carpets and textiles from the East and Europe to early C20th
- Owen Parry (Abergavenny, Wales) – A focus on the best and oldest material, concentrating on colour and rarity
- Seneh Carpets (London) – Fine and decorative rugs and carpets from around the world
- Peta Smyth (London) – European textiles of the C16th to C19th and textiles from further afield intended for the European market
- Tribal Rugs Gallery (Essex) – Rare rugs and carpets
- Markus Voigt Textiles (Kent) – Textiles of every kind from across the world
- Opening Tuesday 23 January 2018, 12pm-8pm
- Wednesday 24 January 11am-8pm
- Thursday 25 January 11am-8pm
- Friday 26 January 11am-7pm
- Saturday 27 January 11am-7pm
- Sunday 28 January 11am-6pm
Location and more information: London Antique Rug & Textile Art Fair (Larta) 23-25 January 2018, Battersea Evolution (The Marquee), Battersea Park, London SW11.